HCA is in the process of adopting a mascot!
We believe that adding a mascot to the school will give our school a “name” and an identifier in the community. We also believe it will increase the school pride and be fun for the students. It is our hope that the mascot will be an outward expression of who we are in Christ.
- Parent/Alumni/Staff Survey: (DONE)
- School Board Approval October 10, 2016 (DONE)
The school board will approve the final selections that will go to a vote.
The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
- Voting by parents, students, staff, and alumni October 11-24
- Parents and alumni may cast their vote via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . (It would be helpful for us if couples submit ONE email, but with both person’s choice.)
- Students and staff will participate in an all-school voting day on Wednesday, October 19.
- Mascot Reveal
The mascot will be revealed at the end of “Glow in the Dark” week on October 28. The HCA fall newsletter will be sent the first week of November, including the chosen mascot.
- Logo Design:
The fall newsletter will include an invitation for people to submit logo designs. It is our hope that a new logo will be done by March 1, 2017.
We are excited to see what the HCA family choses for our school’s mascot. Join us in praying for our school year and for the mascot to be another way of showing school spirit and helping us represent who we are in Christ.
If you have any questions or comments during this time, please email Debbie Dazell (email@example.com).